On Monday, June 15th 2020, we will begin our phase of reopening the hospital to the public. Our goal is to provide the best care for your pet in a safe manner so please understand that we will still continue to follow safety protocols outlined by the state.
For in person patient exams we are allowing ONE client per appt to come in with their pet. To ensure your safety and that of our staff we ask that you wear a mask and practice proper social distancing if you’re inside our building. If you do not have one, one will be provided to you. A staff member will take you and your pet directly to an exam room when it is ready.
For pet parents wishing to safely remain in their vehicle, we can continue to offer our curbside service. We are also still offering drop off
appointments and telemedicine through our telemedicine app “televet”. If you are picking up medications, you can now pay for your medication before
leaving the house through our website.
We understand that there are many differing opinions, at this time we feel that these measures are necessary in order to protect our staff and our
clients. Thank you for your patience, cooperation, and understanding during this unprecedented time.
An Update to Our Clients:
Thank you for your patience as we all navigate through this new “normal”. We continue to be here for you and for your pets during COVID-19. Here are some of the actions we have taken to keep you and our staff healthy:
- We are only allowing employees into the building (we will make exceptions for end of life appointments) and are offering curbside care. If you are not greeted by our parking lot attendant when you arrive, please give us a call at 717-246-3611 to announce your arrival.
- We are now scheduling elective surgical procedures
- We can schedule your pet’s wellness exam. We may need to schedule the appointment out a few weeks to accommodate our schedule.
- We are not scheduling routine nail trims with the technician at this time.
We look forward to the day when we can open up our doors to see you and your pet in the hospital. Until that time, keep on wagging!
To Our Patton Family:
As we navigate through COVID-19, we are taking additional precautions to keep you and our staff safe and healthy. The following changes will be occurring:
- Effective immediately, we will only allow employees in the building. Please call us when you arrive and we will direct you with next steps. We ask that you wait in your car while your pet is being examined (we have plenty of treats and spray cheese to keep them happy!). We will return your pet to you after the exam.
- We will only be seeing patients for sick exams and essential technician appointments until further notice (we’re hoping this will only last for 2 weeks). If you do have a current wellness appointment, we will still honor your appointment.
- We will not be performing any elective surgeries (spays, neuter, routine dentals, etc.) until further notice. If you currently have an elective surgery scheduled, a staff member will contact you about rescheduling.
We appreciate your understanding and ask that you please be patient with us as we are trying to navigate through these times.
We will continue to be open for our normal business hours Monday through Saturday. See below for our current appointment protocols:
1.) We ask that only 1 person accompany their pet into the building for their appointment. If this is not possible, please talk with our team members about other options.
2.) Concierge Service- Please call/text when you arrive (whether that be for an appointment, pick up your pet from surgery, or pick up food &/or medications). Our technicians will escort you to your exam room to minimize the wait in the lobby.
For technician appointments, we ask that you check in via phone and a staff member will call you when we are ready for your pet. To minimize close interactions, you will be asked to stay outside while our staff care for your pet. Our Client Relation team can coordinate pay over the phone or car-side payments.
We will also still be offering “Drop off” appointments throughout the day.
3.) Introverts unite! Are you interested in taking less trips? We are happy to help you stock up on your pet’s food or medications or help set up an order through our online pharmacy. If you're wanting to avoid coming into the practice, our app will help you receive vet care from the safety of your home. Through the Televet app, you can message or video chat with one of our veterinarians regarding your pet's health problems. (This should not be used in emergency cases and is only eligible for patients that have been seen at our hospital within the past 12 months.) To obtain the app, please go to your App Store on your phone and search “Televet” or follow this link https://www.gettelevet.com/own....
4.) So fresh & so clean! We will be diligent in disinfecting our hospital in between each exam room usage. We have hand sanitizer placed throughout the hospital for everyone's use. We will be practicing social distancing and will not be shaking hands. Instead throw us an air fist bump or a wave! (meows and barks are also accepted) 😊
5.) Lastly, we ask if you are feeing sick or are self-quarantined that you do not enter our building. Please give us a call to determine how we can best serve you.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation to ensure everyone’s safety and health. If you have additional questions or concerns please call our office (717) 246-3611
The Patton Veterinary Hospital