Do you want to provide high quality medicine in a progressive, fast -paced hospital? How would you like to join a team that shares your passion
towards the care of animals? We are seeking a dedicated, positive, hardworking surgical veterinary technician at our AAHA, Feline Friendly,
and Fear Free certified animal hospital. We are dedicated to helping you grow in your skills and knowledge by offering frequent evaluations and a
continuing education allowance.
Competitive benefits offered
Our goal is to work with our clients and the community to inform, educate, and to provide the best quality care to all companion animals in a low-stress, family environment.
- Can work evenings/morning and be included in a Saturday/Sunday rotation.
- Can follow and routinely display the hospital’s core values
- Be present, display honesty, show empathy, display accountability, show respect, & dedication
- Has a high level of computer proficiency to use the hospital’s database software (Cornerstone), Word, Excel, and email
- Ability to multi-task and work cohesively in a team environment but has self-motivation to work independently
- Display the ability to learn new things and educate clients on hospital services, procedures and vaccine protocols
- Ability to manage stressful situations and change priorities as needed
- Exhibits personal qualities such as enthusiasm, compassion for pets and their owner and friendly demeanor.
- Confidence in restraint and handling of dogs & cats
- Ability to demonstrate phlebotomy & IV catheter placement
- Ability to prepare in-house/external laboratory diagnostics
- Comfortable with radiology, therapy laser, surgical monitoring, medication preparation, and administration.
- Confidently talk to clients on examination/history intake
- Has experience charting and performing dental cleanings
- Ability to monitor and perform medical treatments on hospitalized patients
Job Type: Full-time
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with subject line "Surgical Technician"