DO YOU ACCEPT PET INSURANCE? IS THERE ANY PARTICULAR PET INSURANCE THAT YOU RECOMMEND?
Thank you for your question. The Patton Veterinary Hospital does work with pet insurance companies, however, not in the conventional way as with human health insurance. Payment will continue to be due at time of the service rendered, but we will submit all of the required paperwork to your pet insurance company if you wish. As with any type of insurance, policies can be confusing and there are many different plans available. Though we do not have any specific pet insurance we recommend, we do suggest you research several different types of insurance before investing your money and security into one specific plan.
Certain things you may want to consider and ask:
- Do you want a wellness plan?
- Do you just want an emergency/accident plan?
- Does the insurance have clauses that state they will not cover pre-existing conditions?
- Does the insurance cover breed-specific ailments?
- Does the plan have pay-out limitations, how long does the plan take to send you reimbursement, what is the frequency of denials, etc.?
Submitted by: Tiffany Ayres, CVPM